Saturday, October 20, 2007

Popped Our Cherries!!!!!!!!


We came, we competed, we survived!! Not to mention learning heaps and enjoying the day with like minded competitors. Niles picked me and my oldest boy, Grant, up in the morning and off we headed to Richmond for the 2007 Dominance MG Spring Tournament. There were about 40 people competing including two girls. The divisions were broken up into lightest to heaviest in groups of 5 starting at the lightest and going up. Niles was in the 67 - 72kg division and apart from the girl in this division he was the lightest. I lucked out in the 77 - 88 kg division weighing in (fully clothed) at 87.5 kg. Niles was up first and won his first ever competition roll. Well done mate. He went on to lose, win and then lose for a very good first time out. I videoed all of his fights and like mine, we will be looking forward to a debrief from Jeroen.

I on the other hand lasted about 40 seconds in my first comp roll when I got caught in a very nice guillotine and had no choice but to tap out. I went on to win the next two, with my third match going into overtime. I managed to sweep and guard pass and ended up the winner. Video to follow.....

2 comments:

Jeroen Lynders said...

Well done to you both. Competing is never easy but always rewarding. Am looking forward to the Pan Pacs. Great effort today.

Anonymous said...

Great effort Paul on your first outing. Looking forward to the video.