Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2009 Pan Pacs

Well done to all of us who competed in this years Pan Pacs. Slym was much more Slymlike in both blue belt gi and no gi this time around. A nice win in his first gi match and then got held in guard for a ref's decision loss in his second. Then a no gi match against a Carlson Gracie guy who competes in just about everything for a points win (15 - 4). Johan did exceptionaly well for a gold in novice no gi and a silver in the gi. Trent was his usual explosive self for 2 wins in the gi and Trav drew a very good competitor first up and lost on points. I cant believe I struggled in half guard in both gi and no gi when I'm usually so comfortable in that position. Still the blue belt 85kg division was stacked with a lot of really good guys so I was happy to a. not lose by submission and b. get my first blue belt comp win under my belt!! Here's to the Vics!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: