Wednesday, August 15, 2007

26/06/2007 The Day I Started.....

7 weeks ago yesterday I started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Jeroen Lynders at Mornington Extreme Ju Jitsu and Grappling. Let me say right at the start a number of things:

a. Jeroen is an awesome coach and an all round good guy
b. All of the guys who train there are incredibly welcoming (indicitive of the sport)and hard training
c. I wish I had of started this 10 years ago
d. There's not one part of my body that hasn't ached, throbbed, twinged or collapsed in the last 7 weeks (although I'm getting over the pain a lot quicker now)
e. I'm 41 in 2 weeks time and it's the first time since I was 17 years old that I've felt this motivated and interested in contact/fight training, due to all of the above!!!

That said I wish to apologise to all of my friends/work collegues who have had to put up with me sooking about how sore I am and generally talking about BJJ all of the time.

Prior to starting BJJ training I was right back in to running again and making some good fitness and weight loss progress thanks in the most part to running Guru Steve Taylor, whom I work with. Since starting I've become a YouTube junky on all things BJJ, MMA, etc and WOW is there a lot out there.....

My immediate BJJ goals are to:
a. Improve my position
b. Keep both arms in or out
c. Relax and breathe.......

We have Gradings in September and I am very keen to compete at the Pan Pacs in November.... See you on the mat!

No comments: