Saturday, July 24, 2010

Crash test dummies, headaches and bruises...

Over the last few weeks I've had the opportunity to roll with Jeroen and Jason during some extra training days and it has been very rewarding. I end up getting squashed, cranked, choked, battered and bruised and fuck they don't get out of first gear otherwise I'm sure body parts would fall off. Through all of the pain I acknowledge that my role in the roll is one of a crash test dummy for techniques to be practised on, etc. The positives are added toughness both physical and mental that one gains from "enduring", the occasional light bulb moments and the feeling of being alive and not giving in to father time... Dave and I spent 45 odd minutes after training the other night with Jason going over different aspects of our game and it was sensational so thanks heaps Jase!! Through all the crushing I get from Jeroen and the headaches I get from Jason (a triangle so tight my head hurt for 24 hours straight) I wouldn't be anywhere else.....

No comments: